[November 6th, 2009 -- Durham, NC] Today CASA released sing six: sunny side up, the latest installment in the critically acclaimed Sing series, as a free digital download to CASA members. This digital release features incredible tracks of some of the greatest scholastic and professional a cappella groups in the world.
- Hyannis Sound: Foreplay/Longtime
- VoiceMale (Brandeis): Time (Bring It On)*
- Firedrill! : Got To Get You Into My Life
- Red States (Contemporary A Cappella League): Just Dance
- Cluster: 224*
- Amalgamates (Tufts): Let It Die
- Basix: Diversity*
- Out Of The Blue (Yale): Love Begins*
- Liquid 5th featuring The Urban Sophisticates and Armand "Hops" Hutton of Naturally 7: Say Goodbye
- Maybe6ix: Qualcosa Che Non C'è
- Sonos: I Want You Back
- Tigeroar (Clemson): Waiting for You*
- Sil'hooettes (UVA): Wreckless Love
- The 18 Wheelers (The Wheeler School): Be Good to Me
- The House Jacks: What's For Real*
- Masala (UPenn): Distant Places*
- Out of the Blue (Duke): Keeps Getting Better
- Beelzebubs (Tufts): All The Love in the World
- Apes & Babes: Bansuil (Su ru ruddi)
sing six features seven original tunes, as well as several interesting variations on classics like "I Want You Back" and "Got To Get You Into My Life". CASA members who download the digital album for free will also receive 3 bonus tracks (including one additional original):
- Bonus 1: Rusty Pipes (RPI): For the Widows in Paradise, For the Fatherless in Ypsilanti
- Bonus 2: Six13: Im Eshkachech*
- Bonus 3: Harmonics (Stanford): Spiel Mit Mir
How to download sing six on casa.org
Step 1: If you are not a full CASA member, please register or upgrade your account at www.casa.org/individual_membership. Then make sure you are properly logged into the website.
Step 2: Go to www.casa.org/sing and click buy album. Each member only has one attempt to download the album so make sure that your computer is ready to handle a big file. The total download is around 200 MB and includes cover art and a digital booklet.
Step 3: Enjoy listening to one of the best a cappella albums of the year! Keep in mind that this copy is for personal use only so please do not share it. For security purposes the files are watermarked with your username.
Special SoJam Limited Edition
If you would like to purchase sing six: sunny side up, you may do so at SoJam, the incredible CASA festival that will take place from November 6-8, 2009 in Durham, NC. Please note, however, this will be your only chance to purchase the album in its physical form. We anticipate that these copies will sell out at the event, but if you are not attending SoJam, you may email email@example.com to reserve a copy (if there are any left after the festival). Additional copies will be available on a "first come, first served" basis.
sing six: sunny side up is now available for free to CASA members. The Special SoJam Limited Edition will only be available at SoJam to attendees for $15. The album will be released to the general public on iTunes and Amazon MP3 on Tuesday November 10th through A Cappella Records.
Sing 1-5 are currently available on all major digital music retailers worldwide.