CASA is currently looking for a new Director to oversee our wide range of Education programs. CASA offers several programs intended offer to learning opportunities for musicians, fans, and a cappella supporters. This position is a Board level position and the incumbent must be elected to and serve on the CASA Board of Directors.
The Director oversees all education programs, education staff and volunteers and manages the program through:
• Creating and maintaining the vision for CASA education, in line with the overall mission of CASA.
• Organizing the infrastructure of education and education teams.
• Ensuring functionality of all education web pages, liaising with the CASA IT team.
• Selecting, mentoring and supervising Program Managers for each education program, including:
Harmony in the Halls Program Manager & Instructors
High School A Cappella Program Manager
CASAcademy Program Manager
Events Education Coordinator
Tunes for Teens Program Manager
• Working in coordination with Volunteer Program Manager and the PMs/Coordinators on the selection of teams or volunteers for each program.
• Coordinating regular check in calls/email and with Education teams.
• Coordinating all administrative logistics through use of email, various Google applications and TeamBox.
• Setting education budget(s), ensuring financial health/sustainability of programs and liaising with the CASA Treasurer.
• Maintaining positive communication on behalf of CASA with the community and other key stakeholders.
• Ensuring a consistent brand strategy for all education programs – this includes marketing visuals, logos, photography and graphics.
• Seeking in-kind and financial sponsorships, in conjunction with the CASA development team to support the needs and growth of the program.
• Vetting new programs and initiatives for inclusion under the CASA umbrella.
• Participating in monthly Board calls and in regular ongoing Board communications.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Music/arts educator experience
• Experience in educational program design and/or management
• 3 years or more of supervisory experience
• Experience with/understanding of contemporary a cappella
• Ability to work remotely, often via email and phone, as a member of a team
• Ability to devote a minimum of 5-10 hours per week to the position
• Ability to answer emails daily
• Ability to participate in monthly conference calls.
• An understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision, and values of the organization
Additional preferred qualifications:
• Familiarity or experience working with a non-profit organization
• Demonstrated experience working on a virtual team for long-term projects
Please submit letter of intent including description of relevant qualifications and experience to Tom Anderson, CASA President (email@example.com). Deadline to apply is Friday, May 10, 2013.