CASA seeks a Talent Manager for our growing Events Team. Job description below. If you or someone you know might be interested, get in touch ASAP! Deadline is 9/3.
Talent Manager – Job Description
The Talent Manager is a new position, which will primarily serve as part of the Core Team for CASA Events while also supporting CASA’s professional relationship network. The operational duties of the Talent Manager include but are not limited to: developing and maintaining relationships with high quality vocal ensembles from around the world, supervising all talent-related volunteer staff on multiple teams, managing and executing talent contracts, creating dialogues and solutions for CASA’s interactions with talent and participating in Core Team initiatives for growing and improving the quality of events. This position will report to the Director of Professional Relations. This is a volunteer position with the potential for small honorarium.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Demonstrated experience booking and/or managing performing artists
• 1 year or more of supervisory experience
• Experience with contemporary a cappella
• Moderate to deep understanding of the vocal music landscape in the US
• Ability to work remotely, often via email and phone, as a member of a team
• Ability to devote a minimum of 5 hours per week to the position
• Ability to answer emails daily
• Ability to participate in several weekly and monthly conference calls.
Additional preferred qualifications:
• Familiarity or experience working with a non-profit organization
• Experience working in hospitality or customer service
• Demonstrated experience working on a virtual team for long-term projects
CASA was formed in 1992 to create a community between singers and fans of contemporary a cappella. There are thousands of contemporary a cappella groups and countless a cappella fans around the US and world, ranging from high school and college ensembles to professionals and recreational groups and CASA is their organization CASA operates a number of annual educational and performance events throughout the calendar year and across the country. CASA is a clearinghouse of information providing a directory, concert listings, news, album and concert reviews, blogs, podcasts, interviews, videos, MP3 downloads, local contacts, and photos. CASA is a 501(c)3.
Please submit letter of intent and resume, including description of relevant qualifications and experience, and 2 professional references to Amanda Aldag, CASA Vice President (email@example.com). Deadline to apply is Monday, September 3, 2012.