CASA is currently looking for a new Director for one of our most visible programs – our Events. CASA produces numerous events across the US each year, providing a cappella fans and enthusiasts with concerts, competitions, and educational and networking opportunities.
The Director oversees all events, event staff and volunteers and manages the events program through:
- Creating and maintaining the vision for events, in line with the overall mission of CASA.
- Organizing the infrastructure of events and event teams.
- Ensuring functionality of all event websites, liaising with the CASA IT team.
- Selecting, mentoring and supervising Executive Producers (EPs) for each event.
- Managing the core events team, including the Educational Officer, Assistant Director(s), Volunteer Coordinator and Sponsorship Coordinator
- Working with the EPs on the selection and management of event team and talent for each event.
- Attending regular conference calls and one on one calls with event teams.
- Coordinating all administrative logistics through use of email, various Google applications and TeamBox.
- Setting event budget(s), ensuring financial health/sustainability of events and liaising with the CASA Treasurer
- Maintaining positive communication on behalf of CASA with the community, vendors, venues and other key stakeholders.
- Ensuring a consistent brand strategy for all events– this includes marketing visuals, logos, photography and graphics.
- Seeking in-kind and financial sponsorships to support the needs and growth of events.
- Creating promotional strategies to ensure events are well-attended.
- Vetting new events and initiatives for inclusion under the CASA events umbrella.
- Participating in monthly Board calls and in regular ongoing Board communications.
In order to be successful in these responsibilities, the Director will need to have regular availability of 15-40 hours per week. This position is paid.
Please submit letter of intent including description of relevant qualifications and experience to Julia Hoffman, CASA President (email@example.com). Deadline to apply is July 1, 2012.